Wow, she is 26 today. Back in the day, she was just a humble replacement for
sed, then became great in the late 90's to 2000's as the CGI programming language. Now, with the advent of web applications programming, she's doing it better with a lot of frameworks held together by better glue. And let's not forget the objects and events.
Looking forward to another great year building great stuff with Perl!
So, I found myself installing Movable Type on my site to start posting once more. I set it up using the PSGI deployment notes from the GitHub docs, though there are a few things I missed that I should put down:
- There's a lack of
cpanfile listing down Plack, XMLRPC, and Starman dependencies, so install those manually according to the wiki doc. In addition, install some graphics library like Imager and set it in
mt-config.cgi or MT will complain about a missing
- There are several config directives that need to be tweaked aside from
PIDFilePath that need to be added:
CGIPath should point to the URL going to the MT installation, normally this can be some path in
$url/cgi-bin/mt but one can just shorten it to
StaticPath must not be your website's document root, but rather the path where MT's static files will be (e.g.
/var/www/html/mt-static if the website root is in
StaticFilePath should be set to correspond to the URL in
- Take care to set the first website root to a directory other than the MT directory; something like
/path/to/mt/html would be ok.
- Finally, deploy Starman with something like daemontools just like any proper PSGI application (I should put this under a separate note later :)